Multi-Search3

Suppress "The Flash Plug-in Was Blocked Because It Is Out Of Date" Error




PROBLEM

I am using Chromium 12.0.742.112 (90304) on Puppy Lucid510 Linux and I used to get the annoying "The flash plug-in blocked because it is out of date" error [see image above] when I encountered flash content while browsing flash-enabled websites. 

SOLUTION

Since I just wanted to suppress the error, [The proper solution obviously is to upgrade the plugin but I am trying live cds so I just want to live with as few installs/upgrades as required] I used a tip from Google Chrome support and started Chromium with the "--allow-outdated-plugins" option like this: 

chromium-browser --allow-outdated-plugins "http://my-error-throwing-site.com"

and the error message simply vanished! If you have a similar error, remember this error could be generic so give this solution a try first on your other Linux distros before trying other solutions!

FOR MORE INFO


Check out this Google Chrome Support Link for more information.
https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1181003

BlogCollage


Blog Collage - Top Random Posts In No Particular Order

Mouseover the images for title and comments