Multi-Search3

Has Your Top NavBar Taken You To My Blog Yet?


Re-displaying Missing Top NavBar When Using A Third-party Template In Blogger.


Sometimes, trying to catch up with what's going on around me, I search for a technical blog on Blogger and keep moving from one random tech blog to another using the NEXT BLOG in the top navbar. I think it is one great and extremely useful way to traverse the internet intelligently. While this is nice and cool, I could not find it in my own blogspot blog! What happened is that in June 2011, I started using bloggertheme.net's excellent Aromax theme. I followed instructions for a quick and easy installation but found the top navbar missing. I forgot all about it until today when I just had to search for some way to re-display it. There are several templates out there and the procedures may vary but in my case,  here is what I did:



The code before:
body#layout #subscription,body#layout #topsearch,body#layout #footer,body#layout #footer2 {display:none;}*{margin:0;padding:0}#navbar-iframe{display:none}



The code after:
body#layout #subscription,body#layout #topsearch,body#layout #footer,body#layout #footer2 {display:none;}*{margin:0;padding:0}
/* #navbar-iframe{display:none} */


After the little change, what a great big wonder of wonders, the top navbar re-gained it's regal seat at the top of my blog.  My sincere thanks to http://bloggertheme.net for the excellent Aromax Template and to spavel [http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=47567f3ed32b0df6&hl=en] for the tip that took me just where I needed to go. I only had to make some minor changes!


Now I think you have at least one-chance-in-a-million to see my blog when you go random-tech-blog-browsing!

BlogCollage


Blog Collage - Top Random Posts In No Particular Order

Mouseover the images for title and comments